Monday, March 17, 2014

Lucky Day Shamrock Card

Wow! What a week! I feel so darned Lucky and I'll tell you why in just a minute! First, here is a card I made for my kids and hubby. I actually made 3 of these and due to lack of time (as usual) I just made the one simple design.


I started off using a card pack I got in the dollar section at Michaels last year (Back when it was a dollar section and not $1.50-$3) It is plain green with the the lucky cut out of it. I planned on using these for something Girl Scouts but remembering back to this time last year losing my pup overwhelmed me and I got nothing done! 


I wanted to make an envelope spilling out clovers like I've seen done with hearts on Pinterest. I found this cute little envelope on the Cricut Celebrations cartridge. The cute four leaf clover was from the Create a Critter 2 cartridge. I cut out additional clovers in a couple sizes and added bling. The cute green chevron paper was from a Christmas DCWV stack. I used Joy's life stamps to put together the sentiment, I handcut the banner and popped it up with pop dots, and there you have it... my simple card.
I then surprised my 2 kids and hubby with a bunch of green snacks (M&Ms, Pringles, gum...) and they got a kick out of it. 
This has been a very lucky week for me. I enter blog challenges whenever I can and this week I won 3 times!! This never happens to me! I entered my Pooh Card in a box and won a brand new stamp set from Craftin Desert Diva's facebook page. They are coming out with a new line of stamps and I just can't wait to see them! I also won a couple sets of Unity stamps, and some ribbon from Little Scrap Pieces.  Then to top it off I got my order from Cricut.com. They had an amazing sale, which is rare, and I got all this stuff for $52.00! I am the true blue discount shopper and only get stuff when it is cheap.


I really need to craft more to use all this stuff, especially my cuttlebug that is so neglected!

I will be entering my Lucky card in the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping by!
 I wish you all a Lucky Day!

3 comments:

  1. Super DUPER cute!! Great deals!! Congrats on your wins!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I like how you put a smiley face on one of the shamrocks :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all your luck. You must be Irish!! Love the cute card, and great job bargain hunting!

    Thanks for joining our Green challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)