Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day Tea- Card in the Box

Hello Crafty Friends! Mother's Day Weekend is here and I have a card for the occasion. Of course it is another Card In A Box! I imagine everyone I make cards for will want one of these this year so I will be making plenty more. 
This card took me 5 Cricut Cartridges to make, lol! I had been thinking for a while that I wanted to do one with a window. The Creative Cards Cartridge has a great window so I used that one at 3.5". I cut the curtain layer out larger than the window (4.25") as it would look on the inside of the house. 



This particular card is for my husbands wonderful step-mom. She loves cats like me so I had the idea for a cat sitting in that window. I used cloud paper scraps to make it so the cat could be peering outside. The cat silhouette is from A Child's Year Cartridge. He is cut out at 1.75".  Being that the card would be the inside of the house I thought I would decorate it like a tabletop. It took a while to sort it out but this is what I came up with! The adorable teapot and cups are from the Love You A Latte Cartridge. I just love the lacy trim. There were no saucers so I just cut out ovals. I found the little cake from the Sweet Treats Cartridge and also the decorative tag. 


I embossed the white cardstock with my Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls folder and used a border punch to try to make it look like a tablecloth. I found the vase and flowers on the Everyday Pop Up Cards Cartridge and cut it at 2.5". I added pearls and bling to the flowers and cake. 


I wanted a simple look so I used the solid colored cardstock. I added an additional insert for the cups because I didn't like them flush to the front. I was tempted to add more but I am happy with how it turned out. I didn't ink anything this time trying to give it more of a fresh and clean look. 



I hope she likes it! This is the larger size Card In the Box so I took it to the Post Office, paid the extra postage, and sent it off. Here's the backside. The sentiments are from Fiskars- Latte Love, My Pink Stamper-Happiest Moments and Docerela Stamps- Lovable.



I hope you like my card. I sure had a great time making it! I will be participating in the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Mother's Day!

Tina H 

The Scrappin Rabbit


9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a work of art and a work of heart! This is something your mother-in-law will cherish and display for a long time. Very creative!!

    Thanks for linking to our Mothers' Day challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative & Fabulous!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Awesome box card Tina!!! I so love it!!! Beautiful!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Mother's Day' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this box card the kitty is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great box card! Love the images and papers you chose! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome!! I love the scene you've created!! The design is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Craftin Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic box card1 I am so loving all these cards. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut and More.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this box card! The tea table scene you created is fabulous!!! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cut It Up and Craftin' Desert Divas!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Aren't these card in a box type cards so fun to decorate? Very cool idea to do a "tea time" setting....love how you miniature-ized everything to scale, including the little kitty! Bet your mom in law LOVED her card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)