Monday, August 1, 2016

Lady & The Tramp Anniversary Heart Shaped Card

 Hello crafty friends! Today my hubby and I are celebrating 18 happy years of marriage! Woo hoo! I am feeling very blessed and oh so thankful. Lady & the Tramp was the theme to our wedding so I decided to use that for my card theme. 


I made a heart shaped card base with silver card stock and sized it at 5.75" tall. The Lady and the Tramp SVG is from a talented friend at the Krafty Nook blog. I cut it out at over 5.3 inches because of all the little tiny pieces. I inked all the pieces with Tim Holtz distress inks. 


The heart background was blended using Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire distress inks. I used a paint brush to splatter water and I also used my metallic silver Wink Of Luna to splatter little silver specs as well. Lastly I used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to add more specs and to sparkle up the hearts. The sparkle however did NOT stick to the blended background. So I spread the glitter with a baby wipe and the sparkle pen left watermarks. I will keep this in mind the next time I blend a background. 


I tried to capture the sparkle but it would not photograph well for me today. I used Glossy Accents over the eyes which added just the right touch.


I had a hard time with whether to use a sentiment on the front or not but ultimately decided to go without. On the inside I stamped heart pawprints from the Christmas Doggy Stamps at My Creative Time and the Happy Anniversary sentiment from MCT Many Greetings. 

Thank you so much for hoppin by!!!

I will participate in the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces: Show It Off Saturday Linky

3 comments:

  1. That is such a precious Anniversary card! So sweet! Happy Anniversary! I wish you both many, many more happy years together! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady and the Tramp such a cute wedding theme. Your husband will love the beautiful and meaningful card you made for him. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out BEAUTIFULLY, Tina! Goodness, the cutting file is so detailed...really looks like it was drawn rather than cut. I'll bet hubby was thrilled to receive this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)