Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Hawaiian Shirt Shaped Card

 Hi crafty friends! Here is a card I made back in June for my Father-in law for Father's Day. I guess with so much going on this summer I forgot to post it haha! He wears Hawaiian shirts all the time and has a few of these Tommy Bahama style shirts. 


You all know by now that I love to come up with my own original card designs and I dream them up in my head and try to create them.  I don't usually copy other peoples work but this card I have to say I tried to copy as much as possible. The original is perfection! I found a blogger while browsing Pinterest one day named Tami White. She has a ton of videos and is so bubbly and fun! What a talented gal! You can find her post for her design of this card HERE


I created the cuts in Design Space and made my version of this card much bigger at 5.5"x7".  My ink blending is not the best and I'm still working on building that skill but I think it came across nicely for this card. The Palm Tree is from a mini Inkadinkado stamp that I had forgotten all about. I think I got it in the dollar section at Michaels or Joanns years ago. I used mini brads for the buttons and the stitching is from the Paper Smooches Stitched Dies. 


The sentiments are from Joy's Life stamps. The inside stitched die is from Gina Marie Stitched Rectangle Dies.  I stamped the inside with the palm trees as well. My FIL loved this card! I was happy to put a smile on his face!

Thanks so much for hopping by! I hope you have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH... your card is soooo PERFECT! You hit it right on target Tina... the shirt style is awesome and the blending has the correct amount of shading for this style... So COOL! So glad your FIL LOVED It! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! I must try this card too as my in-laws are from Hawaii and I know they'd love a card like this!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)