Sunday, July 27, 2014

Exploring Cricut and More Blog Hop! Happy Owl-idays "Christmas In July" Card


Welcome to the Exploring Cricut and More "Christmas in July" Blog Hop!
Thanks for hopping along! You should have just come from the 
talented DT member Liz's blog !  There will be prizes for participating 
in the challenge and some blog candy to win! 
To be eligible to win make sure to follow all the blogs on 
the hop and leave comments along the way.  

If you need to start at the beginning or in case you get lost you 
can find the complete blog hop line up 

Now here is my project...


I used this adorable free owl file from Treasure Box Designs.
I started with a 7.25" x 4.75" card. The size of the owl in the box is 5.75" and 
is the size it imported into my SCAL. I used a Christmas paper pack by Recollections.


I used my Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland folder to emboss the
white cardstock.  The crinkle ribbon is from Little Scrap Pieces.
The sentiment stamp is from K.Andrew's Designs. I tried
to keep my card as flat as possible because I know this card
will be mailed.


And how about some blog candy? Who doesn't love that right?
I am giving away some Christmas stickers, photo mats and tags from CM.
I used to be a consultant and would love to share my stash.
 Just leave me a comment letting me know that you are following my blog 
and an email address to contact you. I will pick one winner 
using random.org this Sunday. Sorry but I can only mail to a 
US address due to the high shipping costs.


I hope you enjoyed my cutie pie owl Christmas card. 
Next on the hop is our newest DT member Katrina ! Enjoy hopping on but 
please don't forget to follow all the blogs and leave comments to be 
eligible to win! We love to read your comments!

Happy hopping and have a blessed day!



18 comments:

  1. Oooh, Tina! I have this sweet cut file and am more anxious than ever to use it now that I see it in use! :o) What a little darling! I love the polka dot paper, the sparkly holly berries (of course!), and the gorgeous bow. And you made it punny.. you can't go wrong with festive punniness. Lovely work, my friend! I hope your week is off to a beautiful start. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love how he is popping out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! The papers you chose really showcase this cutey:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable. The embossed panel gives that nice white space to make everything tie in so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following! It is very cute. I love christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...adorable!

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! It's so colorful and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darn cute! Love that owl-love Treasure Box Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, love the owl & using it as a Christmas Box is adorable. Great idea & inspiration.

    Janis jdegouff@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://scrappergrl.blogspot.com

    This is from me, Janis. I forgot to add that to my first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!! Your owl is just adorable as can be Tina!!! I so love how it is popping out of the box. And those papers are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brought a smile to my face! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card! That sentiment is so cute great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That owl is Uber cute! I went straight to Treasure Box Designs and downloaded him. You did a great job embellishing him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The owl looks about how I feel as Christmas rolls near. A, little wobbly & cross eyed! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh you turned that owl into the cutest project ever!

    barbara@threecraftydivas.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)