Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Newton's Nook Designs Retiring Products Feature Week


Did you see that Newton's Nook Designs is having a retiring sale on their website? It's time to make room for new products so they are retiring select designs! These designs are available at up to 40% off while supplies last so hurry to get your favorites before they're gone for good! 

All week the NND Design Team will be sharing inspiration using some of their favorite products from our retiring list! Check out what I created today and don't forget to check the NND Blog each day this week for more fun inspiration!


I created two cards featuring the pups from the Terrific Terriers stamps and dies. I just love these images and I'm so sad to see them retiring but excited for new the products all the same. For the first card I stamped, embossed and colored up the doggie using Copic markers to be a Yorkie terrier. 


For the background I used the Tumbling Hearts Stencil and Distress Inks to create a fading heart pink background onto the scalloped frame from the Frames & Flags Die. I cut the heart using the Heart Frames Die and dry embossed it with the stencil. 


For finishing touches I added some gems for extra sparkle. Below is a closeup of the embossing. In a recent post I was asked what I meant by embossing my images and sentiments. It is hard to photograph without distorting the image but I did my best to share the stamped embossing. I just love the added dimension and texture. You can also see up close the dry embossed hearts from running the heart diecut through my cutting machine with the stencil. 


For my second card I featured the other pup. When I first looked at this image I saw Toto from the Wizard of Ox. I believe Toto is a Cairn Terrier so I colored him up using the grays and blacks. 


For this card design I featured patterned papers from Doodlebug Designs. I got the bone from the Christmas Puppies stamps and the birthday hat from the Pug Hugs stamps. I love to mix and match different sets together. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Don't forget to visit the Retiring Products Category to see what is going away and grab your favorites before they are gone for good! Below is a list of the products I used. Have a great day :)

Products Used:
Terrific Terriers Stamps
Terrific Terriers Dies
Frames & Frames Dies
Heart Frames Die
Tumbling Hearts Stencil
Circle Frame Dies
Pug Hugs
Christmas Puppies

Copic Colors Yorkie:
Fur- E37, E35, E34, E31, W9, W7, W5, W3
Ear- E31, E04, RV00
Nose- T9, T7, T5, T3
Tongue- R56, R83, R30
Bow- R59, R56, R85, R81

Copic Colors Cairn:
Fur- N7, N5, N3, N1
Ear- E01, RV00
Nose- T10, T9, T7, T5
Bone- C0, C00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)