Monday, June 28, 2021

Soak Up The Sun

Hi everyone! Today over on the La-La Land Crafts blog we are creating cards with a "Tropical" theme. Thinking back to when I visited Hawaii and the turtles that swam in the waters inspired me to create this card: 

I made a slimline card featuring the adorable penguin from the Just Chill stamp set. (All products and links are below) I stamped, embossed and colored her up using Copic markers. For the scalloped layer I used the second to largest die from the Scalloped Rectangles die and did partial die-cutting technique.


Using Distress Oxide Inks and the Summer Is Here Layering Stencil I created an ocean background. I made a sandy shore layer to stamp and emboss the sentiment. The turtle was fun to create. I colored it using Copic markers and added the eyes using a black gel pen.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you like my card and that I inspired you to create today. Have a great day :)

Products Used:

Copic Colors:
Turtle- YG91, YG93, YG97, E27, E25, E23, E21
Penguin- T9, T7, T5, T3, T1, T0, RV00, RV0000
Innertube- RV55, RV52, RV10, BG01, BG0000, YG06, YG11, Y06, Y02, Y00

Distress Oxide Inks:
Faded Jeans, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina, Brushed Corduroy, Antique Linen


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! Simply LOVE how beautiful your little honu (sea turtle) turned out. Your amazing copic coloring skills on a die cut turtle made him come to life! Really like the stenciled ocean background too... may have to add these to my stash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eunice! I appreciate it! I hope you are having a fantastic summer :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)